Thursday 13 May 2010

Peon voices say work work

Hello again you!
Good god it's been a while now hasn't it? I promise you I have an excuse! It's been months of working, reworking, testing, retesting, signing, dining, drinking, winking (it had to rhyme) and an election to satirise (vaguely).
So my dissertation is done and handed in. My other essays (bar a long story) are also done. I have an exam in June. And today the sun shines.
So what first? You don't want to hear about my work, so I won't go into detail. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy and more than a little sad that it's all over. I'm sure you can sympathise!
Election: many of you know I voted Conservative. They won. Get over it. I won't go into my reasons but suffice to say my reasons were good enough. I just hope that if the next four years goes well that people will be able to climb down off their high-horses and say "Yeah, they were the right men and women for the job!", and not just keep the old prejudices.

I had a birthday. That was lovely! Thanks to everyone who sent me messages, sorry I couldn't reply to them all but they were very sweet!
I went punting with my Amy and Ben G, which was nice and between the three of us we managed to get drunk enough that we could still punt, but not talk particularly well. This is deemed a great success in my home country. Of England.
The night was equally spiffy, I would assume.

So all this so far has had something of a theme and leads to a point... I'm getting old(er). Soon enough I'll have to leave uni and enter the real world. It's a terrifying thought, as I'm sure you can appreciate if you're in a similar situation. Especially considering I may be woefully under-qualified for any job in my chosen industry.
I'm worried a fair amount, and I don't think unjustifiably. But then I guess most students are in this position. Hell I assume most people looking for work are in this position. Then again not so many of them are attempting to find work in an industry that's just suffered its biggest setbacks for some time... Oh well, we'll see.
Dad asked what my plan B was. And my C and D.
I told him I'd join the Navy. He seemed pleased with that idea. What have I done?

I think I have decided on my summer looks, and I think they mostly contain beige. It's a non-colour to most of you, but I've fallen slightly in love with the idea of beige and everything it can offer me. Is this possibly the most ridiculous statement I've made? No. But it's up there. I stand by it nonetheless. But srsly, I've got my chinos and my deck shoes, I'm totally ready for summer. If only my Ray Bans weren't in Manchester :|

I feel like this is something of a non-post, but it was an attempt to get me back into the swing of things I guess. Not that people care I'm sure!
Oh well!

Until next time (where I promise to offer you ramblings and musings, both of which will be bollocks), have a wonderful day!

Oh, and this: how excited am I? Very. Why? I get to see Flo again soon. This makes my life! ^-^

2 comments:

  1. I just did that happy stampy thing toddlers do when they're so excited that they can't contain themselves. (if you know what I'm on about? ^-^) Basically, ilyvalz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zomg! I always do that!
    I feel so connected :D
    Ilyvaltz!
    x

    ReplyDelete